Our faculty has many faces, but one mission: Better health and an active lifestyle for everyone. We are the science of health and life, a science so big that it spans many faculties and disciplines. We may be engineers, physicians, nurses or molecular biologists – but we share a vision to create a healthier society. And we look to our students to contribute to this vision through their original research, and to become leaders. In classrooms, in labs, and in our communities. Our students have the opportunity to be mentored by some of the top minds in the field of kinesiology as they work to create a healthier society, by preventing injury, reversing unhealthy habits and by helping people to return to the activities they enjoy as quickly as possible after injury or disease.
Completing this program
- Courses: Students will take one graduate course in statistics and one graduate course in research design.
- Thesis: Students will be required to submit and defend an original research thesis.
- Exercise & Health Physiology
- Health, Exercise and Sport Psychology
- Innovation in Pedagogy and Sport Performance
- Neuro-Motor Psychology & Motor Learning
- Nutrition, Metabolism & Genetics
- Socio-Cultural Aspects of Sport & Physical Activity
- Sport History
- Sport Injury Epidemiology
- Sport Medicine
- Wearable Technology
Research career (industry, university, health), teaching, health care, health coach, consulting, research associate, sporting careers (administration, coaching, sport psychology, strength and conditioning coach), injury prevention and rehabilitation, community/municipal programming.
A master’s degree in kinesiology will give you the pre-requisite for a PhD in Kinesiology.