87% of students feel better prepared for graduate school after attending GradO, and 96% of survey respondents said the content was helpful.
GradO 2017 Survey
What happens at GradO?
We have developed special presentations and activities that will get you acquainted with some important grad school basics. We also host a lunch where you’ll have the chance to meet other students, Deans and Program Directors.
Browse the resources below that were used at last year's orientation for an idea of the topics and issues we cover at GradO.
When is GradO?
Winter orientation: January 9, 2020
- 9:15-10:30 - International Student Orientation
- 10:30 - Doors open
- 10:45-11:15 - Welcome Ceremony (all students)
- 11:15-12:30 - Session 1 (all students)
- 12:30-1:15 - Session 2 (thesis-based students)
- 12:30 - Lunch (course-based students)
- 1:15 - Lunch (thesis-based students)
Where is GradO?
MacEwan Hall Ballroom
(MacEwan Student Centre)
International Student Services (ISS) offers an orientation earlier on the same day for international students. Registration opens one month prior to its scheduled date. Learn more about International Graduate Essentials