Indigenous Graduate Award Competition
Open to self-identified Indigenous students from Canada in a graduate program in the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
Students must include proof of their Indigenous ancestry.
You must meet the eligibility criteria for each award for which you are applying.
Acceptable forms of proof include one of the following:
- Certificate of Indian Status, a status card or a valid band membership card
- Letter from their band verifying their status
- Métis membership card or letter issued by the Métis Nation student is registered with
- Letter or membership card from the Métis Settlements General Council
- A certified copy of a Nunavut Trust Certificate card or Inuit beneficiary card
- Letter of support from Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada (AANDC) or Nunavut Tunngavik Incorporated
- For a non-status person, a letter of support from a First Nation, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) organization
The Indigenous Graduate Award Competition opens late Fall.
- Go to your Student Centre and click the link Apply for Awards tab on your home screen.
- Select the Indigenous Award Competition Application.
Only one application is required regardless of the number of awards you are applying for.
References for admission may be used toward the Indigenous Graduate Award Competition as long as they have been written within the last eleven months prior to the competition deadline.