Hatem Abou-Zeid, PhDPhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Queen's University
MSc, Electronics and Communications Engineering, AASTMT
BSc, Electronics and Communications Engineering, AASTMT
Areas of Research
Working with this supervisor
Who should apply?
I am hiring PDF/PhDs for research on AI in wireless communications in collaboration with an industrial partner. A background in channel modeling and beamforming is required in addition to expertise with deep learning and Python. Knowledge and experience with SDRs, USRPs and GNU radio is a plus.
Motivated researchers (PhD, MSc, PDFs) passionate for new research in 6G networking, robust and efficient AI, RL, extended reality, brain-computer interfaces, and digital twins are welcome to apply. More details on my research interests can be found at: Research | HatemAbouzeid (hatem-abouzeid.com.
Those from under-represented groups are greatly encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
- First please ensure that you meet the University of Calgary minimum admission requirements for the program you are applying to, e.g. minimum requirements for international students can be found here.
- Please email the following documents to hatem.abouzeid[at]ucalgary.ca with the subject "Research Fellowship":
- A short paragraph indicating which of the above research areas you are most interested in. This is can change after our discussion and evolve during your research. Feel free to ask questions about the research as well.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A copy of university transcripts.
- Two sample publications (for doctoral and PDF positions only).
Self-Funded Students & Scholarships
Prospective students with a fellowship or funding of their own should indicate that when contacting me. These are some of the funding/scholarship opportunities available at the University of Calgary.