Hatem Abou-Zeid, PhDPhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Queen's University
MSc, Electronics and Communications Engineering, AASTMT
BSc, Electronics and Communications Engineering, AASTMT
Areas of Research
Working with this supervisor
Who should apply?
Motivated researchers (PhD, MSc, PDFs) passionate to transform connectivity with artificial intelligence and disruptive 6G techniques and applications. The work is for a project on Robust Intelligence for Beyond-5G Networks and Applications at my research group. The positions are fully funded with an opportunity to develop cutting-edge prototypes.
The research objectives of this project are to:
- design robust artificial intelligence techniques for future networks that enable reliable 6G services without compromising operational safety.
- model and explore traffic & user experience of 6G services such as extended reality, critical IoT, multi-sensory communications.
- invent novel 6G architectures and protocols using methods from predictive communications, cross-layer and joint user-network designs, semantics etc.
Candidates with expertise in wireless communications, machine learning, or test-bed prototyping, and a strong aptitude for innovation. Those from under-represented groups in particular are greatly encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
- First please ensure that you meet the University of Calgary minimum admission requirements for the program you are applying to, e.g. minimum requirements for international students can be found here.
- Please email the following documents to hatem.abouzeid[at]ucalgary.ca with the subject "Research Fellowship":
- A short paragraph indicating which of the above research objectives you are most interested in. This is can change after our discussion and evolve during your research. Feel free to ask questions about the research as well.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A copy of university transcripts.
- Two sample publications (for doctoral and PDF positions only).
Self-Funded Students & Scholarships
Prospective students with a fellowship or funding of their own should indicate that when contacting me. These are some of the funding/scholarship opportunities available at the University of Calgary.