It is recommended that you review this information ahead of completing the Vanier Preliminary Assessment Form (PAF) to ensure you are aware of what each section is looking for and where to address certain points accurately
Part 6: Publications, Conferences, Presentations, Other Forms of Knowledge Transfer
- Use this section to highlight any research contributions you have e.g. publications in peer reviewed journals, presentations (posters, oral presentation) at conferences/events (local, provincial, national, international), other forms of knowledge transfer.
- Check NSERCs guide for other forms of research contributions: NSERC - Guidelines on the assessment of contributions to research, training and mentoring (nserc-crsng.gc.ca)
- Other examples of Contributions may be relevant and can also include other forms of knowledge translation such as through magazine articles, podcast episodes, Indigenous mentorship/ spiritual guidance, community outreach presentations, etc.
Part 7: Other Relevant Information
Use this section to provide information about special circumstances that may have affected your research, professional career, record of academic or research achievement or completion of degrees. For example:
- Describe interruptions to your academic career or leaves of absence and reasons for choice of nominating institution (which may include administrative responsibilities, maternity/parental leave, childrearing, illness, disability, cultural or community responsibilities, socio-economic context, trauma and loss, or health-related family responsibilities
- Describe additional training taken outside of a degree-granting program, relevant work experience, co-ops and internships, etc.
- Part-time studies should be outlined in this section. If you have been enrolled part-time during your PhD studies, specify which semesters. The information must be reflected in the transcripts.
- Describe if you are registered in a joint program (e.g., MD/PhD, MA/PhD), provide a timeline of your undergraduate/graduate versus doctoral program studies, broken down by semester. This calculation must be consistent with the transcripts provided. For purposes of this calculation, the undergraduate/graduate portion will not count towards the number of months completed.