Preparing your application
You are encouraged to apply for awards when you have submitted your admissions application and received your University of Calgary student number (UCID). You are not required to meet the eligibility requirements in the terms of reference of an award when you apply, but if successful, you must meet the eligibility requirements at the time the award is paid.
Please ensure that you have completed the following two steps before submitting your application:
Read the terms of reference
Awards are based on merit. It is important to read and understand the award terms of reference listed on this page and/or on the agency, or donor website.
Know your eligibility
Read our guide to discover the polices and regulations that determines a student's award eligibility at the University of Calgary.
Mackenzie King Open Scholarship
- $8,500 (subject to change) to support graduate study in any discipline.
Mackenzie King Travelling Scholarship
- $10,500 (subject to change) to support graduate study in the United States or the United Kingdom in areas of international relations or industrial relations (including the international or industrial relations aspects of law, history, politics and economics).
Open to domestic and international students who have graduated from a Canadian university.
University of Calgary will only consider applicants with a GPA of 4.0 (or equivalent) in the last two years of full time study.
- Only applications submitted in electronic format will be accepted this year
- Please submit your application as 1 PDF file (including Application Form, Sheets A and B) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Naming convention to be used in naming application: 2021MKS_OPEN or TRAV or BOTH_Applicant last name
- Ensure that the post-secondary education section of your application is complete as we will use this information to pull your transcripts
- Letter must be emailed directly from referees to email@example.com
- Letters must be on letterhead, signed and dated
- Referees are to format the subject line as follows: 2021MKS_Applicant Last Name_REF_Referee last name
If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, submit your application on the first business day following the deadline before 4:00pm to the Faculty of Graduate Studies Scholarship Office.