Maintaining your supervisor profile
What is a graduate supervisor profile?
- A graduate supervisor profile is a key tool for recruiting potential graduate students.
- Profiles appear on the degree program pages listed on the Faculty of Graduate Studies' Explore Programs page.
- Your profile gives you space to share your research interests and state what you look for in graduate students wanting to work with you.
- Your profile shows which degrees and programs you can supervise. For each degree/program, you can state whether you are seeking students or unavailable.
- The profiles also include a contact form for students to connect with you.
Why is it important for me to have a supervisor profile?
- Prospective students use the Explore Programs page to identify degree programs of interest. Thesis-based degree detail pages each include a list of supervisors.
- If your profile is not completed, it will not appear on any degree detail pages.
- Not having a profile raises the risk that potential students may not discover you as a potential supervisor.
- Programs with degree detail pages that list few supervisors may find that they receive fewer inquiries or applications.
I don't have a supervisor profile; how can I get one?
- Confirm with your Graduate Program Director or the Faculty of Graduate Studies that you have supervisor privileges for at least one degree program. Contact email@example.com to request a profile.
I have a supervisor profile, but I'm not sure how to access it.
- Refer to the Supervisor profile user guide for assistance editing your profile. Use the login link below to access your profile.