Frequently asked questions
- Most graduate programs do not require your official transcripts prior to reviewing your application.
- Unless your program instructs otherwise, please do not request official transcripts from the post-secondary institutions you have attended at the time of application.
- If your application is successful, final official transcripts will be requested with your offer of admission.
- If you have questions, please reach out to the graduate program that you applied to for more information about their requirements.
- You can find the email addresses for each graduate program here.
- Official email transcripts need to be sent by the transcript office(s) of the institution(s) that you attended. The name of the transcript office varies between institutions, but common examples include the Registrar’s Office, Controller of Examinations, Student Records, or Admissions Office. Email transcripts sent by individual faculty members, non-registrarial staff, or students cannot be accepted as official.
- Any transcripts uploaded or submitted directly by the student are considered unofficial. Students should upload all unofficial transcripts as part of their application for admission.
Hard copy transcripts can be sent by mail/courier in a sealed envelope to:
Faculty of Graduate Studies, ES 1010
University of Calgary
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, AB T2N 1N4
Email transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution's transcript office to email@example.com.