Pay your fees in monthly installments throughout the term or year
Fee payment deadlines
April 30, 2020
Thesis-based degrees: Last day to submit required forms to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and thesis to The Vault to cancel Spring registration
April 30, 2020
Course-based degrees: Last day to complete all degree requirements to be eligible for Spring Convocation and cancel Spring registration.
May 12, 2020
Last day to drop a class without financial penalty for Spring/Summer 2020
May 12, 2020
End of refund period for Spring/Summer 2020
May 15, 2020
Tuition and Fee Payment Deadline for Spring/Summer 2020
Applying for a payment plan
Make sure you are eligible
1. Be a UCalgary graduate student receiving funding from an approved funding source that is greater than your tuition and general fees
2. Be in good financial standing with the university
3. Not receiving University of Calgary Tuition Support Benefits, or third party sponsorship
Submit an application
Applications must be completed and signed by the student and their Graduate Program Administrator to the Faculty of Graduate Studies by 4:30pm on the fee payment deadline. The front desk closes at 4:00pm.
Pay your fees
Payments are not automatically deducted from your income. You will have to initiate a payment. Each payment is due at the end of the month. View the deadlines for each payment on your Student Centre under My Financials. The deadline date includes a three-day delay to allow for online payments. If the deadline is October 3rd, you should pay your fees by September 30th.
Approved funding sources
Your graduate program administrator must confirm that you receive funding from one of the following sources on the application form:
- Funding paid to you from a department within the Faculty of Graduate Studies. Departmental funding can include payment for teaching and/or research assistance, supervisor or trust funding, or any other types of funding provided by a department.
- International tuition fee differential support — receiving funding from your department for your international tuition fee differential.
- Funding paid to you through a scholarship administered by the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Funding from a scholarship administered by an external agency to the university.
- Examples of this type of scholarship could include NSERC or other external agencies.
Your graduate program administrator may ask for proof of external funding prior to completing the "Confirmation of Funding" section of the application.
Updating your payment plan
Changes to your fees
If your fees changed after the payment plan was initially approved, for eg, you changed from part-time to full-time status, contact your graduate program officer in the Faculty of Graduate Studies before the deadline for the new fees to be included in the plan. Your payment plan will not automatically adjust if you make changes to your fees. If you do not adjust your payment plan you may incur interest charges and a withhold may be placed on your account.
Check your fees and payment plan when an adjustment has been made. You can do this through your Student Centre under "Account Inquiry".
Cancelling your plan
If you wish to cancel a payment plan, your remaining fees should be paid in full to complete the payment plan.