University of Calgary
UofC Navigation


Submitted by 21232f297a57a5a... on Mon, 08/10/2015 - 1:54pm
From Courses
  • You may withdraw online from a course in which you are registered, through myUofC, any time up to and including the deadline dates given in the Academic Schedule.
  • Tuition fees are refunded only if you drop the course on or before the last day to drop courses for that term, according to the Academic Schedule.
  • Note: All withdrawals after the registration deadline will be recorded on the student transcript with a grade of “W.”
Voluntary Withdrawal from Program
  • If you wish to withdraw from your graduate program, a Voluntary Withdrawal Form (PDF) should be completed. You may submit the request in person to the Faculty of Graduate Studies Service Counter at MacKimmie Tower, Room 213 or fax it to 403-289-7635.
  • If you are unable to complete the request form, send an email to your Graduate Program Officer. If you send an email notification of withdrawal, remember to indicate your student ID#, name and graduate program in your correspondence.
  • Further information can be found in the Graduate Calendar.
  • A voluntary withdrawal will be recorded on the student transcript as voluntary withdrawal.
Involuntary Withdrawal from Program
  • You may be required to withdraw from the program if you do not maintain academic standing, or for lack of satisfactory progress in either course work or research; or if you fail to register by the appropriate deadline.
  • In all cases, your transcript will indicate an Involuntary Withdrawal
  • You may launch an appeal against the decision to require you to withdraw from the program within fifteen (15) days of receiving the notice.